Tuesday, August 19, 2008

GenCon 08 - Day 0

For me GenCon starts on Wednesday with the Forum Stink. We started set-up at noon, happy to discover that we were given even more space than last year. While waiting for the other Mavens to arrive, I snapped a photo that summed up GenCon.

It was a group hunkered down over an impromptu game of Magic. That's what GenCon is about, bringing people together to share the hobby and culture of gaming.


A swag run over to GenCon's HQ took me to the registration area, which was full of gamers picking up their badges and swag bags and registering for events. Just seeing and hearing all of those people in the convention center started to bring up that GenCon feeling.





The Stink went smoothly, with over 300 people in attendance. I manned the raffle prize table, which meant that I got to talk to almost everyone. Seeing as I am usually somewhat reserved it was a good way for me to have to meet people.

After the Stink, it was on to Nicole-Con.

Nicole was hosting the crew from Gorilla Games again, which meant that she had a house full of gamers. In addition to playing my favorite game from Gorilla, Lifeboat, we also got to play-test a prototype game that I am looking forward to seeing come out (I won't go into details since it was a test).

After the games, we convened in the home theater for a viewing of Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.

Pictures will be sparse throughout my GC08 reports as my smart camera isn't as smart as it thinks. I learned that in a complex area it would learn from the first shot and do better the second. Unfortunately I learned this after reviewing my pics in full size after the con.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home