Monday, June 30, 2008

Farewell to the Boardroom

Saturday marked the last day of business for the Boardroom, a north side gaming store that has provided me with countless hours of diversion over the past 25 years.


A lot of people were there Saturday, not just to take advantage of the closing sale but to say good-bye to the store and its proprietor, Gerry Hunter. I felt kind of bad because my visits to the Boardroom had tapered off over the past couple of years. But between the 4e conversion (no point in buying the new 3.5 books that were released over the past year with 4e coming out) and the fact that I just don't get to Broad Ripple much, my once weekly visits had dwindled to once every few months.

I'll miss going in and browsing the huge diversity of game books and going through the used game sections for hidden treasures to add to my collection. Usually I'm an at-a-glance shopper, not spending a much time in a store and assessing quickly whether there was anything I wanted, but the Boardroom was an exception to that rule. If you have a FLGS (Friendly Local Game Store), be sure that you appreciate it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home