Monday, June 30, 2008

RIP XP

Microsoft officially ended production of the Windows XP operating system, leaving only what's left in the supply chain and limited manufacturer use for very low end machines. Check out the story on Switched.com.

So far my only personal experience with Vista was on my new gaming pc, so I didn't have to go through the pains that most folks "upgrading" to Vista suffer. However, I was quickly annoyed by the constant fights with it thinking it knew better than me what I should do or install on my pc. Fortunately I quickly found out how to turn that "feature" off.



Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha... we built a new computer a couple of weeks ago and put XP on it. Had a copy lying around. I figure someday I'll have to go to Vista but I couldn't beat free and functional for an OS.

9:41 AM  
Blogger CeltiaSkye said...

With all of your recent posts regarding the new D&D 4E rules, when I saw the title of this post my first thought was "Holy Crap! No more experience points?"

6:43 PM  
Blogger Oz said...

Shhhhh... don't give them any ideas! ;)

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home