Sunday, February 11, 2007

LOTR Online crafting article


So much for keeping the MMO monkey off my back. I'm looking forward to the Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO) MMO launching soon and have picked up the pre-sell. ON of the reasons I'm looking forward to the game is that it looks to have a decent crafting system. It somewhat reminds me of SWG back when SWG was good.


I'll probably get the lifetime subscription, assuming that I am as impressed during Open Beta as I've heard from players in Closed Beta. Yes, it's a chunk of change, but I look at it this way: if I play 20 months over the course of the game, I'll break even (and $10/month is cheap for a MMO).

And there's the tempting of fates: if I get the lifetime subscription, with my luck I'll get a girlfriend within 60 days of launch so I won't have time to use it. The bonus? Once we break up, I'll still have the subscription to the game. :)

Fortunately, it doesn't sound as time-intensive as other MMOs I've played, it sounds more like DDO (D&D Online), where I can go in for a couple of hours on an evening or afternoon and have fun without dedicating an entire day to running one raid or waiting for one IDOC to fall.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home