Friday, December 01, 2006

Portents?

Warning: the following post is not for the scientifically minded or those requiring a coherent train of thought. It is not written under the influence.

On my way to the gym, I took a short cut through an office complex. Going through the parking lot, I slowed when I saw what I thought was a stray dog trotting across the pavement. It looked odd, then I realized why... it was a coyote. A moment later its mate appeared and the pair trotted past my car.

More after the jump

Once I got in the gym, I noticed a young woman that a couple of the personal trainers were flocking around (one was working with her while the others were finding excuses to go up and talk to him because he was working with her). When she turned to go I saw her face and recognized her. She worked in the same store as me a few years ago, and at the time was arguably the "hottest" woman in the store.

After the gym, I went to a local drive through for a "reward" for sticking to my gym schedule despite a kind of crappy week and not putting on weight over the holidays. I had a coupon (free food has no calories), and the employee had trouble ringing it up right. After the third time, he told me not to worry about it and gave me my whole order free. It wouldn't have cost much, but I consider it a stroke of good fortune anytime I get something free that I didn't expect.

On the way home, I drove past the same parking lot where the coyotes had been and it occurred to me that the series of events could be interpretted as some sort of sign.

I used to do a lot of vision-seeking and divination. I stopped the divination when I got tired of getting bad news and having it come true. The vision-seeking just kind of feel off because it doesn't seem to be something my religious peers are interested in.

Maybe the gods and spirits are being less than subtle.

The obvious interpretation is that I'm going to get together with someone through happenstance. No, not the woman from the gym, she's just a symbol, like the coyotes. Of course, the coyotes have me a little concerned because I don't really *want* another learning experience. And having the coyotes in the imagery is kind of like letting Joss Whedon right your life... things won't go smooth.

Or it could be that a couple of coyotes strayed in from the edge of town, she still lives in the area and goes to that gym, the employee doesn't know how to ring out a coupon, and I'm a crackpot.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I am rather interested in vision-seeking...Or should I say, my Ladies have been rather interested in *giving* me visions...Happened several times cruising down 465, which I was not very happy with...*huge grin* I'd be interested to know more about your experiences with it...

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if portents come in cycles. I used to see a lot of things like that, flocks of crows, hawks, etc. but I haven't for several months. Course it's not like I've been meditating or dream journeying recently either *cough* *cough* So, do you think it means anything that my "word verification" starts with "fey"?

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have found that you don't seek visions. Visions seek you. Be aware of your intuition in the next couple of months. It's not always bad, you know. The coyotes were mated. The woman was attractive. And you got something you weren't expecting.

11:57 PM  
Blogger CeltiaSkye said...

Whenever I see a coyote it just means that I'm going to lose more chickens. :)

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home