Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Switched to Firefox

For someone who prides himself on his adaptability, I sure do hate change. That's why I've been dragging my feet on switching over to Firefox, because I didn't want to go through the hassle of redoing all of my favorites and log-ins and what-not. My friend Weasel finally convinced me it was really easy, so I downloaded and installed Firefox.

Importing my favorites/bookmarks went smoothly, although they are now in a different order, but the log-ins didn't make the trnasfer, which led to a lot of recovering of lost passwords from sites I've been automatically logging into for who knows how long, since I vary passwords and neglect to write them down.

I haven't started playing with plug-ins yet. I'll have to Carlton's site again and read up on his recommendations.

2 Comments:

Blogger Falconsword said...

The feret trusted the weasel? Oh boy. Had firefrack for a few weeks, and eventually gave up on it. Locks up repeatedly on secure sites and chokes on flash. Pass.

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No problems here, kemosabe. I made the switch, and I won't look back. No flash problems or lockups here. Eventually my own website will reject IE as a browser for it, all i have to do is turn that bit of code to ON. Only a matter of time.

Welcome to the Fox Side, Luke.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home