Monday, October 10, 2005

I got trunked


Crunched Car

I got out of work with some time to kill. I figured I'd stop by the grocery store then head home to get some extra time to chill before my friends showed up for my Firefly game.

*Rattle* *clatter* That not what runes say!

I was sitting in traffic on East Washington St. at a stoplight when I glanced into my rearview mirror and saw a van bearing down on me way too fast to stop. I had enough time to realize I was going to get hit and that trying to creep forward would only mean my brakes wouldn't be engaged at impact. I held on and hoped I wouldn't get mangled.

The impact pushed my car forward into the van in front of me, but my front bumper soaked all of that collision so that the front van wasn't even damaged. I remeber hoping that the airbags wouldn't deploy (they didn't).

Initially my rear bumper was pushed up under the car and against the tire on the passenger side, but the tow truck driver managed to pull it back out so that I could drive.

My boss tried to convince me I should go to the hospital... needless to say that's not big on my agenda. Instead I'll atke two aspirin and drink some beer.

3 Comments:

Blogger CeltiaSkye said...

I'm glad you're OK. Don't you just hate that feeling when you know you're going to be in an accident and there's nothing you can do about it?

You could always call in sick tomorrow because you're too sore! :)

5:44 PM  
Blogger Oz said...

It's like everything goes into slow motion. It must be where they got the inspiration for Matrix bullet-time.

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you aren't squished!

You came off better than I did though...The last time I got rear-ended, I was sitting at a stoplight pondering tacos or burritos for dinner and was taken completely by surprise...*grin*

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home