Sunday, September 04, 2005

RIP Lich-King of the Nazighul

Yes, I should be more respectful of the dead. Chief Justice Rehnquist died, something I was really afraid would happen when Justice O'Connor announced her retirement. Now Bush's cronies will get to put 2 Conservatives in position on the Supreme Court.

I know the net result doesn't seem much... replacing Rehnquist with another right-winger, but I was hoping he'd hold on until after the next election, which between the war, the economy and now New Orleans I think will weigh heavily against the Republicans. Rehnquist holding on would have meant that a moderate could replace him to counter-balance the loss of O'Connor.

I bet the Christian Conservatives are high-fiving each other behind closed doors.

Cue Third Reich fanfare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home