Saturday, April 23, 2005

Star Wars Ce-line-bration

This weekend Star Wars Celebration III, a huge SW convention is going on downtown. Along with that, the MMORPG I play, Star Wars Galaxies (SWG) had a player breakfast where the players could meet each other and talk to the developers and see the new stuff coming out. I figured I'd pop over to Celebrations after the breakfast and check it out and decide if I wanted to plunk down the rather steep entry fee.

Well, that turned out not to be an option... there were so many people that the fire marshall made them stop selling tickets (and I was there around 11:00 am). I decided to wonder around the public areas a bit, check out the folks in costume (I almost walked into a pillar because of a Princess Leia slave girl), and peek through doors. It looked like the biggest thing going on was waiting in line. There were huge lines for everything... lines that lasted hours. I had a friend report a 5 hour line to get into the convention's store!

I have to give credit to the folks that costume for things like this... mmm slave girl... where was I? Oh yeah, lots of people put a lot of effort and cash into these costumes and many are quite impressive. After the PLSG, my favorites were the Mara Jades (which evidently just requires an attractive red-head to wear black leather). ... ... Oh yeah. And of course there were tons of Jedis and stormtroopers. I wish I could have gone to the costume contest.

I wonder if anyone has posted pics of the slave girl on-line?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home