Sunday, March 20, 2005

Political Theatrics

The Schiavo case is really getting on my nerves, specifically the political theatrics going on around it. Members of Congress are rushing back from recess to grandstand for some publicity and interfere in a matter that the courts have already ruled on and the Supreme Court has refused to overturn. Congress can go on vacation while hundreds die in Iraq, but give them an opportunity to get some time on the right-wing propoganda wagon and they come scurrying back for their special session.

I am a firm believer in a person's right to die, and this case especially interests me from a religious standpoint, and I'm amazed at all these fundies blathering on about keeping her alive. She's been a vegetable for 15 years... the best case scenario is that her soul has already moved on and all the is left is the physical shell. The worst case scenario is that they are keeping her soul trapped in her body by not allowing her to pass on. Even Christians should be able to see that.

And for the record, if I am ever in such a state, please let me die.

1 Comments:

Blogger CeltiaSkye said...

Yeah, it was real interesting listening to the story on the local news while pouring a couple of cans of Ensure down my dad's feeding tube. I'm planning my own blog entry on the subject in the near future.

And as for the claims that she is smiling at her mother in that infamous film clip, my father has the same smile on his face. It's due to the bulbar portion of his brain dying off and is completely unrelated to any emotion.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home