Sunday, April 10, 2005

Burger Battle

There are two hamburger restaurants that I've gone to recently that I really enjoy. The first is 96th St. Steakburgers, near 96th and... crap, that road that goes north, something like Hazell Dell. Anyways, it's pretty much burgers and fries. Nothing pretentious, in fact the simplicity of the place wins points with me. And I love their french fries. They take a large potato, chop in into fries and fry it up. No bags of frozen preprocessed fries.

The other place is Culvers, near the corner of 96th St. and Masters Rd. Culver's specialty is frozen custard, and their offering along this line look quite tempting, but I can't reconcile spending $4 on a sundae. Their fries are pretty good, but their ButterBurgers are friggin' awesome. They remind of hamburgers we'd have in the summer at my grandparents. Culvers also wins points for being so close, but they are also so damned busy that you can forget getting in there during peak hours.

Damn it. Now I'm hungry.

4 Comments:

Blogger CeltiaSkye said...

I went to Culvers for the first time on Friday. My impression is that it's just a high-priced Dairy Queen with Steak n Shake hamburgers.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Oz said...

I enjoy Steak and Shake, but I have to say that the meat in Culver's burgers taste fresher and juicier than other other burger chains. I can't vouch for their custard/ice cream... I'm afraid to open that can of worms when they are so close.

Dammit... I'm hungry again.

9:15 PM  
Blogger CeltiaSkye said...

Have you had the cheese fries at Famous Bettys? Real sliced potatoes with real cheddar cheese and real bacon on top. mmmmm....

11:58 AM  
Blogger Oz said...

Dammit... I'm hungry again.

I've been to Real Betty's once or twice (96th, past Marsh?), but have never had their cheese fries. But now I'll have to try them.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home