Saturday, February 14, 2009

Obligatory Bitter Bachelor Post

Christmas' corpse was still warm when pink and red invaded retail shelves. Actually, the uber-commercialization makes me feel better about Singles Suck Valentines Day.

Too be honest, it's hard for me to work up much rancor over the day. Maybe it's the eight years since my last girlfriend that has dulled the impact of the yearly celebration of "romance". Maybe I've just become such a feral bachelor that a girlfriend would be a major disruption to my life.

So if you're single, revel in your freedom today. Leave the toilet seat up, throw your laundry on the floor, and forget to take out the trash. Do something fun that a SO would never agree to or buy yourself a present a SO would insist is ugly/impractical/not-in-my-house and tickles your fancy. There's no one to tell you "no".



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home