Friday, December 07, 2007

Here comes Speed Racer



I don't know what to think... odds are very high this movie will suck bantha balls. It would take a miracle for them to pull off a decent movie even with the nostalgic quasi-anime look and little details like a sound effect reminiscent of the original Mach 5's boosters. But it has so much stacked against it, not to mention the fact that my childhood memories of things are actually better than the original source material. Something that was totally cool when I was 7 would be totally lame if I go back and watch it now.

But that probably won't stop me from seeing this movie.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Sebastian Gaydos said...

Did you watch the movie? What'd you think of it? Just think about this: at least they were faithful to the design of the car. Doesn't it make you wish that the English was as fast-paced as the original? lol

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Tari Ledsome said...

I always find racing movies exciting! I've seen this movie, and the adrenaline rush I felt when I saw the fast cars was incomparable! =)

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home