Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Oz vs. the Green Polo

The title makes a lot more sense if you are a fan of the show "Chuck". I am a fan of the show, and last Saturday was my annual Halloween Party. My original plan was to dress as a tech from the Nerd Herd. The I ran into my friends Carlton and Nicole at the Here Come The Mummies at the Vogue. Their costume planwas to come as Chuck and Sarah. So I decided on a quick alternative... I would dress as a BuyMore salesperson (a la Morgan).

All I would need was a pair of khakis and a green polo. Easy, right?


The khakis were easy. I'd found a treasure trove of clothes in the back of my closet, clothes that I had gotten too fat forover the years but now fit. Of course, this just reinforces my packrat behavior, but the point is, I had thatpart of the costume covered.

I figured a plain green polo would be a 15 minute stop at Meijer's. After all, I wasn't looking for anything complex.

Evidently the Chines military bought up all of the cheap green polo shirts. I spent 2.5 - 3 hours (time I had planned on using cleaning up Casa del Oz for the party) searching for a green polo shirt. I finally found one that I deemed "close enough" on a clearance rack in Macy's.

The party itself went well. The crowd was small and I appreciate all of my friends who went to the effort to make it. The Green Stuff was tasty and disappeared quickly. I only had a very mild hangover the next morning, and that was probably because I switched to beer after the Green Stuff ran out.

And of course I forgot totake pictures.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home