Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Star Trek XI casting stuff



It's already out that J.J. Abrams of "Lost" fame is signed to direct Star Trek XI, which will take us back to Kirk and Spock's early days. Now there's an article regarding casting the holy trinity of Trek - Kirk, Spock and McCoy. I was surprised by the names, as I suspect, a lot of people will be.

Matt Damon as James Kirk, Adrien Brody as Spock, and Gary Sinise as Dr. McCoy. Abrams is not sparing the Hollywood clout if he is bringing these guys on board, and as the article says, shows he and Paramount are serious about rebooting the franchise.

I can definately see Damon and Brody. I haven't seen enough of Sinise to make a call there. Damon's challenge will be to play Kirk with enough traits as we remember him without reducing Kirk to a scenery-chewing caricature of Shatner.

My. toupee! My. burning. toupee!

Yeah, like that.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, I loves me some Adrien Brody, big time, but I just can't see that schnoz on Spock...*frowns*

4:52 PM  
Blogger CeltiaSkye said...

The only thing I remember Adrien Brody from is "The Village" and he sure wasn't Spock-like in that one.

7:01 PM  
Blogger KNH said...

Sinise is a great actor- lame TV shows with bad script notwithstanding- and he even looks like Bones. Sounds like it could be a good movie.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home