Thursday, February 22, 2007

Old habits

I received an invite for the closed beta of Lord of the Rings Online (actually I received two for some reason). Since I had bought the presell, I already had the client loaded, so I was quickly able to get into the game.

I logged in, created a character, and entered a virtual Middle-Earth.

I know how junkies feel when they get a fix.


It *looks* like this game won't be as much of a time sink as previous MMOs, definately not like UO where I could spend hours scouring the world then more hours waiting for a house to collapse so that I could loot it.

I only spent two hours playing tonight, which considering that I had to go through the tutorial isn't much. And I have enough real-world things going on this weekend to keep me busy... Mummies concert at the Vogue on Friday, a Maven meeting downtown Saturday, and D&D on Sunday, so I won't sit with my nose glued to the monitor.

Besides, it's not like I have a girlfriend or something.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home