Sunday, September 17, 2006

Indy Irish Fest

The evil day star burns. Literally. Next year I need to remember sun block when I go to the Indy Irish Fest. For me it's a day of Guinness, shopping, Guinness, music and Guinness. No, I didn't get smashed, I only had the three Guinnesses.


I timed my visit to watch three bands. The first was the headliner, Gaelic Storm. They were good, as usual. This is the fourth time I've seen them live, and this time the venue was much better than the Music Mill as it was a beautiful day for an outdoors concert (evil day star not withstanding).

The second was Searson, a Canadian Celtic band. I first saw them at last year's Indy Irish Fest, and my choice to see them again this year only had a little bit to do with the fact that their fiddler is hot. And I wish I'd known they played at Finn MacCool's last Tuesday (it was advertised in the program for Irish Fest... which didn't start until the Friday after they played).

The third was Mother Grove, which advertises itself (and lives up to) as Kilt Rock. They are a fun band, one of those acts that are great live with a pint of Guinness.

As for the shopping, I bought an obligatory shirt(which I do every year), a Guinness polo, and I bought an additional shirt, a t-shirt with a cool knotwork design. I almost bought a Guinness bar clock, until I realized I have a house full of clocks (mostly non-functioning) and it would sit in the box for six months. I also considered getting a geneology piece, but balked at paying $12 for stuff I can probably find online.

As an aside, what is it with Irish Fest and hot Asian women? Not something you'd expect to go together, but I see them there every year. There was one at the Gaelic Storm show, if she'd also been a gaming pagan I would have introduced myself then proposed.

OK, Ozling is right, I wouldn't have. I was only one Guinness in by then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home