Thursday, January 12, 2006

New Year Resolution

Yeah, I'm late on this. Why should 2006 be any different than the last 39?

Last year I kept 2 of my 3 resolutions.
1) Cut down my salt intake - I haven't used my salt shaker in a year and have probably cut my sodium intake to 1/2 to 1/3 of what it used to be.

2) Regularly update this blog.

3) Go to the gym 3 times a week - yeah, not so much with keeping this one. :(

This year, I am making 1 resolution... to reduce the number of meals I get from restaurants in half.I realized I average 10 meals a week at or from restaurants, and mostly fast food. So this year I am shooting for no more than 5 a week.

I figure it will be cheaper and I'll lose weight. Eating my own cooking, I'll almost certainly lose weight.

So far this looks realistic. It's Thursday and I've eaten 2 restaurant meals (my week starts on Sunday), so I'm trending better than average, because unless I eat dinner Friday, lunch Saturday and dinner Saturday from restaurants I won't even hit 5 (I'm brown bagging lunch tomorrow).

Yeah, I know I should exercise. And put together my new(ish) computer.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...where have I heard these before???

Ok, be honest. You're just recycling resolutions from 10 years ago (or more) now.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Oz said...

You think I'd actually remember that far back? The advantage of being forgetful... the same things are new again. :)

Besides, I might keep them this time.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home