Friday, August 24, 2012

Gen Con 2012 - Day 4

Day 4 - Con of the Living Dead

By Sunday of Gen Con, the previous days have taken their toll on most attendees and exhibitors. Long days, little sleep, lots of walking, sensory overload, maybe a few pints at the Ram or another watering hole, it all adds up. Day 4 isn't a costume day for me. But after a breakfast accompanied by caffeine and Advil, I was ready for the last day of Gen Con 2012.

The only event I had planned was a two hour seminar from WotC about designing themes for D&DNext - which by Sunday had changed as themes had been replaced by specialties in the latest playtest document. It was interesting despite the one person in the crowd that kept going off on tangents and talking and talking... some mean-spirited tweets came to mind, but I resisted.

The seminar itself was interesting, if a little short, but not ground-breaking. I guess I was hoping for a little more crunch under the hood.

After the seminar it was back to the X hall for a final pass and to say good-bye to folks. I didn't really have an agenda to buy anything, I just like to be immersed in the con until the last minute and don't leave until the closing announcement.

Afterwards I made my way to Scotty's for dinner while watching Return of the King, collecting a couple of their dice for the current year, then finally admitting Gen Con was over a heading home to sleep 11 hours.

Only 355 days until Gen Con 2013!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home