Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Back home

Got back to my own store today. It's nice to be missed. But then I found out that my right-hand person and best friend at work is being recruited by another store.

:(


I knew going on that gig would bite me in the ass somehow. The position she's being recruited for is the same as mine, which she was doing while I was gone. Before now, she's opposed the notion of taking my job, but I guess a few weeks of doing it, it being a promotion, and getting recruited by a boss she really likes added up enough points in its favor.

While it's not a done deal, I'd say the odds are pretty good.

2 Comments:

Blogger KNH said...

It's not a bad thing... someone you care about is about to have a great opportunity. Think of how excited she is! You want her to succeed, so it's a good thing, even if it seems crummy for the moment.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Oz said...

Fortunately she decided to stay. It would have been like breaking up Manning and Harrison if she left. There were a lot of high-fives when she announced that she had decided not to go.

Her reasoning is similar to mine. Why take a promotion and be unhappy when you can stay where you are and be content?

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home