Thursday, August 31, 2006

Once more into the breach?

I've started fiddling with Match.Com again. Since I was one of the beta testers way back in the day, I still have my free account. I'm not really pursuing whole-heartedly though because it's not like I *need* a girlfriend or anything. But as I lose weight and feel better about myself, it would be nice to have someone to go out with, if nothing else.


Of course, the down side of Match, or any other dating site, is that once I find someone that I find attractive and interesting and they are at least interested enough to meet me, there's the dreaded "first date" hurdle. It's not so bad if it's someone that knows me well enough to know that I am reserved by nature and/or that I'm comfortable enough around that I'm not so reserved, but a "cold" date is tough. In addition to all of the usual fun of just meeting someone and it being a first date, the woman can think that I'm not interested because I am so quiet.

Oh well, I guess I can cross that bridge when I come to it. That or maybe Keith and Sherri will come through smuggling me back a bride from Russia! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home