Friday, June 02, 2006

Chrono-Vampires and Stereotypes

I have a theory that certain people subsist on the time they steal away from others. There's certain people who find ways to consume huge chunks of your time, where it feels like the clock has slowed to a crawl but time passes in the outside world. Thus they keep you from getting stuff done. I'm sure everyone knows of at least one CV they have to deal with, most likely at work. Garlic and crosses don't keep them at bay, though spraying them with running water might. And driving stakes through their hearts is frowned upon and in most places considered a felony.

Speaking of felons, the other day a group of young men came into the establishment where I work, and my first impulse was to have my security guy keep an eye on them. Then I felt bad, because that was stereotyping.

Guess who we caught trying to steal stuff? If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it will probably perpetuate the duck stereotype.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home