Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Skittish kitty

I had to take Kuriko back to the vet Monday. She was due to go Friday for follow-up blood work, but she started having blood in her vomit again. This time I took her to the vet I'd used in the past. While examining her, the vet noticed that her molars were abscessed and had a huge build up of tartar (something the vets at the emergency clinic missed), so she stayed overnight for dental surgery.

I brought her home yesterday, but she is still skittish. She hides in the cat carrier, and if she comes out of it to eat or go to the litterbox (or I take her out to give her medicine) she runs right back to it. Hopefully she settle down soon. I hate that she associates me with just getting meds, so I'm not dosing her when I feed her and waiting a while.

1 Comments:

Blogger CeltiaSkye said...

Her mouth may still be sore. Just give her some time. Wenna had to have several teeth pulled last winter and I think she stayed under the bed for a week afterwards.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home