Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Car God Hungers

I hit a huge pothole today, and when I got out of the car, the hissing noise told me that it time to make another offering to the Car God. I went to the same place I got my tires... I don't know if tires have pothole warranties or what not, but I figured it would be worth a shot, and worst case scenario I'd be out the cost of 1 tire.

Silly mortal.

The impact bent and cracked my rim. The grand total was $440. That's what I get for thinking about buying an LCD tv for my bedroom with my tax refund.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try losing your front bumper in the middle of no where (i.e. the NM desert). I was going 80+ mph - speed limit is 75 - when all of a sudden, my bumper falls off and starts scraping the ground.

I learned how to change a tire and the oil before I was allowed to get my license. I know how to check my tire pressure and all of my fluid levels. But the possibility of my front bumper falling off was beyond my step-father's concept of reality.

i got it back on with the help of some truckers and took it to the shop the next day...$2200 in damage.

$440 - consider yourself lucky. You could have easily bent your frame!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Oz said...

Shhhh! Don't give the Car God ideas!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home