Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Car God Hungers

I hit a huge pothole today, and when I got out of the car, the hissing noise told me that it time to make another offering to the Car God. I went to the same place I got my tires... I don't know if tires have pothole warranties or what not, but I figured it would be worth a shot, and worst case scenario I'd be out the cost of 1 tire.

Silly mortal.

The impact bent and cracked my rim. The grand total was $440. That's what I get for thinking about buying an LCD tv for my bedroom with my tax refund.


Anonymous Flaire said...

Try losing your front bumper in the middle of no where (i.e. the NM desert). I was going 80+ mph - speed limit is 75 - when all of a sudden, my bumper falls off and starts scraping the ground.

I learned how to change a tire and the oil before I was allowed to get my license. I know how to check my tire pressure and all of my fluid levels. But the possibility of my front bumper falling off was beyond my step-father's concept of reality.

i got it back on with the help of some truckers and took it to the shop the next day...$2200 in damage.

$440 - consider yourself lucky. You could have easily bent your frame!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Oz said...

Shhhh! Don't give the Car God ideas!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home