Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Music Mill

While waiting to see Gaelic Storm at the Music Mill, I sent a text message to a friend.

"This venue sucks."

When I first heard about the Music Mill, I thought it was a great idea... a place that combines a small music venue with a bar and restaurant. I envisioned a place a lot like Hollywood Bar & Filmworks.

Not so much.

At $16 a ticket, you'd think that they would provide seating for more than 40 or so people. There were 10 tables (roughly) with 4 chairs each. The rest was floor space or partitions you could lean on while balancing your drink. And while they had 2 bars, if you wanted food, that was in a seperate part of the building.

The set-up was confusing as well. I arrived to find a "line" already in the foyer. Granted there was only room for maybe 3 dozen people or so in line, so it didn't take much to reach this point. Fortunayely, I overheard this was not the line for tickets. That was inside. So I had to go in, buy my tickets, then come back out and get back in this line.

Once I got inside, I found out that I couldn't get food. Now I understood why that lady in line had a bag of Chik-fil-a. I hadn't eaten in anticipation of eating here. Lunch had consisted of a Slim-fast and a granola bar. It was 7:30pm. I got my hand stamped and walked to Chik-fil-a.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

I hope Gaelic Storm put on a good show. Hearing all of this makes me me a little less disappointed about missing the show. Better luck next time.

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home