Sunday, August 21, 2005

Goodbye Kuriko


Kuriko Osborne 1988 - 2005


I came home from the last day of GenCon and found Kuriko colapsed by the door in a puddle of urine. At first I thought she was dead right there until she move a little. I took her into the kitchen to see if she'd perk up for some food, but she couldn't even sit up.

I took her to the emergency vet, and I could tell it was bad. The vet did an exam and an x-ray and found several masses through Kuriko's body, including one that had dislodged her trachea. I couldn't even string the words together, but there was nothing to be done. I said goodbye to Kuriko and stayed with her while the vet sedated her and put her to sleep. I think she was really already gone... she didn't make a sound and didn't focus on anything. It felt like someone tore a hole in my chest. She has been with me most of my adult life.

My friends Keith and Sherri were kind enough to wait up for me while I brought Kuriko up to their farm and helped me bury her with two other cats from our tribe that had passed on.

4 Comments:

Blogger sleepycat said...

{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}
I'm sure Alize and Big will make her feel right at home.

7:35 AM  
Blogger CeltiaSkye said...

I know it's hard. She had a long and happy life and now she's at peace.

Somewhere in the Berkshire universe, Sharon is sad today too.

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, Oz...

4:08 PM  
Blogger Falconsword said...

I'm sorry Oz, you never even mentioned last time we emailed. You know my feelings for cats, but I'm sure Morgana made room for that little one fanged darling at her side.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home