Saturday, October 17, 2009

Paranormal Activity - Movie Review

I know that I've been slacking on the movie reviews, but this one was too good to pass up. I'm sure you've heard the hype - it's the new Blair Witch, made on a shoestring budget by an unknown director and one its opening weekend it was in the box office top ten despite being on a small number of screen.

Going past the hype - this movie is brilliant. It's creepy as hell, the characters are realistic, it's so good that part of the experience is the audience reaction around you.

It's hard to go into it without spoiling. The main character, Katie, has been haunted by something since childhood. Her live-in boyfriend Micah is fascinated and starts recording things with a camera and sound equipment. The attention makes things... escalate. I can't say much more.

But I will say you shouldn't see it at night if you plan on going home to a creaky house and trying to go to sleep. You will probably have nightmares... assuming you can go to sleep. :)

My rating - 5 out of 5 unseen paranormal flying-monkeys.


PS: my review is not influence by the fact that Katie reminds me a bit of an ex-girlfriend.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home