Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hating ATI

So I'm still dealing with the videocard issue with my "main" pc. I picked up a new card, an ATI HD 2400 Pro AGP because it was the only AGP card we had. I figured it would be a snap. I've installed multiple ATI cards over the years with no problems.

Yeah, not so much. The card isn't the problem, it's the software. One of the drivers locks the system up on reboot. And this is using their hotfix, running a disk clean up after uninstalling the old drivers and manually going into the directories to make sure the old ATI software got cleared out.

Grr. If I can't figure it out in a week I'll return the damned thing and get a different brand at another store. I guess it's silly to expect something to work out of the box.


Oh yeah... in Ozzistan ATI would be hammered for selling false goods. Evidently they know their AGP cards and software is jacked up.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, just call Geek Squad!

:-P

Falconsword

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home