Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress



I have to admit that I was a little surprised when I saw this. Obviously, someone at WotC realized that if so many women are playing games like World of Warcraft, there is a larger potential market out there for female gamers that what we currently see represented in the hobby.

Granted, the disparity in the male-female population has improved over the years. I remember when female gamers where very rare, even at places like GenCon. The year Flaire went to GenCon with me (1990?) she said that she something to the effect of she had never been leered at so much in her life.

I was surprised to see some gamers railing against a book like this in the WotC forums. Then again, anti-social, non-hygienic male gamers are probably a large reason why there are fewer female gamers. There are probably some that would prefer to keep it a "guys only" club. Guys that reek of BO and dirty laundry.

Then again, maybe if more women come into the hobby, some of these guys will see the value in using soap and detergent.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home