Sunday, December 17, 2006

I have a bad feeling about this...

As I was getting ready to leave work Thursday, my GM called me into the conference room. Usually this means there's something wrong. Since I hadn't done anything wrong, I figured we had busted someone and I was needed in my capacity as the supervisor in charge of loss prevention.

I was wrong. GM started with the district needing me to do a favor.

To quote Han Solo: "I have a bad feeling about this."


It turns out one of our stores had lost two managers in the space of as many days, and at 9 days before Xmas. They wanted me to go to that store as an acting assistant manager for a temporary assignment.

Well, it's only 9 days until XMas, so I figured two weeks. But the permanent replacement wouldn't be there until February. And I needed to train him.

Granted, they offered me incentives and met demands. I get a premium for the duration of the assignment (they offered that up front). I stay on my M - F dayshift schedule. I stay hourly - important since I'll be working overtime. I stay bonused out of my store (my store rocks on financial results, my temp store not so much).

The downside... I can only imagine the nightmare scenario I'm walking into, so I'm anticipating lots of stress. It's the worst time of the year to be out of my store for so long. And I like my store and the people I work with... in fact I chose to remain in that store rather than open my temp store.

On the plus side, premium + overtime = new tv $. Looks like I'm getting me an Xmas present.

Assuming I don't keel over from a heart attack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home