Sunday, January 02, 2005

Movie review: The Aviator

Let me preface this by saying that I enjoy period pieces, so if those kinds of movies don't appeal to you, or if you're not a history buff, that may knock this film down a notch for you. I personally enjoyed it, and I'm not a Leonardo fan. My only quibble was that it seemed to drag in a couple of places.

Kate Beckinsdale looked great as Ava Gardner, though I know nothing about Ava so I have no idea of how good of a job she did potraying her. Cate Blancett did an awesome performance as Katherine Hepburn. Leonardo DiCaprio potrayed a seriously troubled genius that I think would have never risen to greatness in our modern society and potrayed him in a convincing, tragic manner without reducing the character to a caricature.

Oz's rating: 4 of 5 flying monkeys

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home