Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Are you effing kidding!?!

So yesterday I went to court for the trial of an ex-employee that stole roughly $100,000 in goods from the company I work for. I was subpeonaed as a witness for the state and had it known to the DA that I wanted this guy fully prosecuted rather than getting off on a wimpy plea bargain.

I show up, as does my old district boss. Then the defendent arrives, not looking at us. I'm looking forward to some karma being served up, as the state wouldn't have proceeded if they didn't have a solid case. The defense attorney wouldn't have tried to plea bargain if he thought he could get H off. And I knew the evidence they had... H's signature both shipping and receiving the stolen goods via UPS that were found in his apartment when the police served the search warrant.

The prosecutor is shuffling through a stack of papers, then asks someone "have you seen the H file?" I'm thinking good, he's up first. The prosecutor disappears, the the defense attorney disappears, then the defense attorney comes back and calls H over to him.

"The state is dismissing the case, Mr. H. You're free to go."
...
...
...
WTF?!?!?

My old district boss and eye track down the prosecutor to find out what the hell is going on. It turns out they lost the file, which had all of the documentation, and without that they had no case.

Are you fucking kidding me?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems AWFULLY convenient that the file was lost the day of the trial. Something is not right.

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...our tax dollars at work...

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, my Cousin Ritchie and his business associates can always pay this guy a visit. Just put out the hit - er...say the word!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Oh yes, "Justice" at its finest.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home